Loss of panning
Dec 31, 2006 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

gthbryce

New Head-Fier
Ive mad numerous posts about my mdr nc-50's that no one has cared to answer. And im going to refrase it this time. I have mdr nc-50's and i lost the ability to pan from left to right channel. I can hear through both but only recognizes it when its panned to the left channel. Panning to the right turns down the volume. Is this a cord problem or is something internal?
Please answer me this time!!!!

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gthbryce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive mad numerous posts about my mdr nc-50's that no one has cared to answer. And im going to refrase it this time. I have mdr nc-50's and i lost the ability to pan from left to right channel. I can hear through both but only recognizes it when its panned to the left channel. Panning to the right turns down the volume. Is this a cord problem or is something internal?

Plain english please.
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #4 of 24
modulation emphasis like an issue with the systematic grounding sequence? reform your tessellation

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Pan with what device? What device are you changing your balance on?
What only recognizes the left channel?
You sort of left out a few key elements here that are required to answer your question. We need to know your source player, amps or cables used, headphones, etc...

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:46 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by skylinedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
modulation emphasis like an issue with the systematic grounding sequence? reform your tessellation

Quite so.

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #7 of 24
Am I the only one who had no problem understanding his post?

Quote:

600smile.gif
Nice.

Dec 31, 2006 at 12:34 PM Post #10 of 24
2nd-ing that
biggrin.gif

If changing the source doesn't help, it could be that cord has a bad contact (or a short circuit). Does the right driver functions when the balance pot is centered?

Cheers!

Dec 31, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #11 of 24
There is nothing at all difficult to understand about the original post.

This sounds like the type of problem that could result from plugging a stereo jack into a mono source. If your source has a balance control, however, then obviously it is stereo. Are you using any sort of adapter for your headphone? Are you sure that it is stereo-stereo, and not mono-stereo?

Dec 31, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #12 of 24
If i plug it into a stereo reciever it plays out of both speakers, but only in mono mode. If im on the computer i have to go into volume controls and set the balance to the left speaker in order for both speakers to come out. And this was a problem the first day i had them. I was listening to music until all of a sudden the right speaker went out and i was like What? So i messed with the jack and pushed it up some and twisted it and both came out but i had to set the balance tothe left speaker for both to come out. I also have had a lack of sound quaulity, not as much bass. But this happened 2 years ago and i have just lived with it. I still dont know what the cause is. any help? If you dont understand at this point i can go ahead and record the problem on video and show it to you.

Dec 31, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

been hittin; the high end BS generator recently eh?
biggrin.gif
does it help you synergize organic delayed energy?

Jan 1, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

So i messed with the jack and pushed it up some and twisted it and both came out but i had to set the balance tothe left speaker for both to come out.

It sounds like a short-circuit/bad connection in the headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back