Loose connection on SR225s
May 22, 2004 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gregeas

100+ Head-Fier
This must be a pretty common problem: every time I move the left channel cuts out on my Grado SR225s.

I can see the loose connection through the wire grill. Doesn't look like it would be tough to solder back if I could get the plastic casing open... But I can't.

Any suggestion on how to repair the Grados? Or should I just send them back (I believe the warranty has expired).

Anyone?

May 23, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 3
see if u can send it back. theyre customer service isnt that bad. if they wont cover it, they mite charge u a little 2 repair. if not, i guess ur last resort is to solder it urself

May 23, 2004 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 3
You can call Grado and ask, they may fix it for free. If you want to do it yourself, it's not too hard, just takes a bit of nerve.

Take off foam pad. Squeeze the outer ring near the screen in a twisting, circular motion. What you're trying to do is crack the hot glue but not take it off yet. Take a spoon that has a handle that gets bigger towards the opposite end of the spoon part. Slip it flat between the two plastic housings until the large part of the spoon handle makes contact with both sides. Once you have the leverage, slightly twist the spoon. Continue around till all the hot glue breaks. Resolder and pick glue hunks out of inside of screen. Dry fit to make sure it inserts back on far enough. Hot glue around the inside edge, you'll know where, and quickly and tightly hold till drys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back