Looks like Wadia is now a sponsor
Mar 22, 2006 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Alwayswantmore

1000+ Head-Fier
Check out the second to the last sponsor in the page header.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #2 of 15
ya... I was wondering that earlier and searched to see if there was an announcement I missed but came up empty.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #3 of 15
fixed, coo
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:42 AM Post #6 of 15
I'll be darned... seems like an unusual choice for a sponsor, dunno why exactly. Maybe it's because they're the highest of the high end, and more likely to gain market share with speakerphiles (?).

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #7 of 15
nah I think they have a very nice influence on the forum.

Headroom uses wadia players for their headphone amp I think, and there has been a lot of talk about using the XLRs for headphones.

Wadia is probably one of the more popular high end sources spoken of next to Meridian here on head fi.

its either wadia or meridian. I like the look of their players, they throw the concept of slim plasma out the window. Thats what I like about their style.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 15
Yeah, jude mentioned a while ago that there were a couple of new sponsors in the cue that were going to be added soon. I dare not click on the Wadia link...

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #11 of 15
Wow those are some aesthetically and technically beautiful digital front ends. raisin, are you willing to wire some funds?
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #12 of 15
"Wadia series 9 Decoding Computer system"

OMG
plainface.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
nah I think they have a very nice influence on the forum.

Headroom uses wadia players for their headphone amp I think, and there has been a lot of talk about using the XLRs for headphones.

Wadia is probably one of the more popular high end sources spoken of next to Meridian here on head fi.

its either wadia or meridian. I like the look of their players, they throw the concept of slim plasma out the window. Thats what I like about their style.

I agree. Wadia makes arguably the best front-end digital components one can get. I think it's great that they are acknowledging the headphone market segment b/c even though it serves their own interests, it also serves ours by increasing this hobby's visibility. Both parties benefit and I welcome their sponsership with open arms.

Now, if we could only get a discount....!!
icon10.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #14 of 15
Can anyone confirm that the new Wadiia players will be using the TEAC Esoteric VRDS Neo mechanism?

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #15 of 15
Who's down with getting Wadia to donate a door prize to the National Meet? *raises hand*
evil_smiley.gif
And no, don't ask me to ask, I have zero pull!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back