Looks like the Pint is almost there.
Mar 3, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 137
Thanks for the link. IIRC, boards should be available around March 15 or so.

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 137
Power supply with trickle charger built in? Cool! Thanks for the link, Monkey. Nice work, Tangent!

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 137
tangent is a regular here so I assume if anything fancy does get updated we'll hear it from the horse's mouth. That said i haven't heard this before but then I type and post with my eyes closed
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 137
I wonder, though, if one of us needs to track down updates instead of tangent posting them... The whole commercial rules thing. (Or you could just watch headwize for updates.)

Anyway, good to know that things are progressing. Gah! Yet another well designed amp I want to build! This place is evil, it really is! I still haven't built the Millet Hybrid!

Mar 5, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #8 of 137
I've never built an amp before but the PINT is just too tempting ... I'm in!

I was lucky enough to buy a Govibe V4 with AD8397 before Norm stopped making amps. Norm only made a few of them but the AD8397 drives the HF1 to perfection. If the PINT sounds as good as Norm's AD8397 effort then it's a very worthwhile project for Grado owners.

Mar 5, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by anearfull
I've never built an amp before but the PINT is just too tempting ... I'm in!

I was lucky enough to buy a Govibe V4 with AD8397 before Norm stopped making amps. Norm only made a few of them but the AD8397 drives the HF1 to perfection. If the PINT sounds as good as Norm's AD8397 effort then it's a very worthwhile project for Grado owners.

Looks like there's a fair amount of surface mount, so you may want to try a cmoy first. Unless you're good with an iron already.

Mar 5, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #10 of 137
I have a good friend who's quite the wizard in hardware development. I'll que up all the parts on the PINT and then invite him over for a few beers (no beers until AFTER he does the soldering though).
eggosmile.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #11 of 137
Surface mount resistors too. Hmm, this could be difficult.

Nice work, tangent.
eggosmile.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #12 of 137
I'm somewhat unnerved by tangent's absence from this thread.

HE HASN'T POSTED IN 8 HOURS OH MY GOD HE'S DEAD

Tangent (19?-2006)
NEVER FORGET

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:12 AM Post #13 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twombly
I'm somewhat unnerved by tangent's absence from this thread.

Maybe because such posts from him could be considered taboo?

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #14 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Maybe because such posts from him could be considered taboo?

The contents of the remainder of my post are a telling indicator of its pedantic and mind-numbing seriousness.

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:26 AM Post #15 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twombly
The contents of the remainder of my post are a telling indicator of its pedantic and mind-numbing seriousness.

No kidding; I learned much from it
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back