Looking to upgrade from my Aune T1
Nov 9, 2021 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Illbetheone

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've had an Aune T1 that I have been using for years, and recently it's been misbehaving when it comes to having my PC recognize it. I'll turn it on, and Windows will tell me it is unable to connect, ect,. So, I am looking for a replacement -- I am not doing anything crazy with this. It's connected to Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers for my desk, and when I want headphones I am using Audio-Technica WS99 Solid Bass Edition.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at maybe getting a Schiit stack and using an optical out from my mobo to use it, instead of USB. Budget is around $500 USD.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 12
Nov 9, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 12
Is there a justification between the 3+ and Multibit version to warrant the price increase? Will I notice that much of a difference in sound?

I have heard Schiit DACs with the Delta-Sigma chips in the base model and Multi-bit chips and generally I hear a little bit more bass-mids-treble extension and less noise in the background, due to the stronger analog signal.

If you are also going to use JBL LSR 305 speakers, then you can also get the Schiit Modius for XLR speaker and Aune T1 RCA in/out use:

https://www.schiit.com/products/modius

If you plan on getting the JBL LSR 305 set, then also consider getting this set instead:

https://www.amazon.com/Kali-Audio-LP-6-Studio-Monitor/dp/B07NWBSJ11/ref=psdc_11974991_t5_B00DUKP37C

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 12
Hmmm, okay, all good things to consider -- thank you.

As a question just out of curiosity, would it be possible to run the Aune T1 and a Magni Heresey?

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 12
Hey guys,

I've had an Aune T1 that I have been using for years, and recently it's been misbehaving when it comes to having my PC recognize it. I'll turn it on, and Windows will tell me it is unable to connect, ect,. So, I am looking for a replacement -- I am not doing anything crazy with this. It's connected to Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers for my desk, and when I want headphones I am using Audio-Technica WS99 Solid Bass Edition.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at maybe getting a Schiit stack and using an optical out from my mobo to use it, instead of USB. Budget is around $500 USD.

Thanks!

You could try another USB DAC first. If it has the same issues then you know it's Windows' problem (I've seen at least one other post where a recent Windows update screwed up USB audio as well). Maybe try a Schiit Modi3 that way it also has SPDIF optical, and if your motherboard has it then use that instead. If you really want to upgrade the HPamp at that point then maybe get an Asgard3 or Lyr3, which will practically guarantee that if you ever upgrade the headphones to anything short of an electrostat you're good to go..

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #7 of 12
Hmmm, okay, all good things to consider -- thank you.

As a question just out of curiosity, would it be possible to run the Aune T1 and a Magni Heresey?

If by meaning that you run two amps through the RCA IN/OUT, it would probably cause a noticeable loss in signal strength. Otherwise, using a DAC with multiple RCA outs would work.

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 12
Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #10 of 12
Ok, so how would this work?

I buy this adapter, plug the Magni into the back via RCA, then Aune T1 to the other via RCA, and the output I plug my speakers in?

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 12
Ok, so how would this work?

I buy this adapter, plug the Magni into the back via RCA, then Aune T1 to the other via RCA, and the output I plug my speakers in?

For this one:

https://www.amazon.com/PROZOR-Bi-Di...=1fISC&pd_rd_i=B099WMC1DJ&psc=1&tag=headfi-20

plug the DAC RCA out to the single RCA IN/OUT (which would make it IN for this signal), then plug your Magni/T1 to the RCA IN/OUT 1 and 2 (which would make them OUT for the single RCA IN/OUT set as IN from the signal) and Klipsch ProMedia to RCA IN/OUT 3 and future speakers to RCA IN/OUT 4. See how that works?

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #12 of 12
Got it - thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back