Looking to upgrade from DT 1990 Pro - Focal Clear vs LCD-X. (Demoing them tomorrow) a few pre-listen / research questions:
Sep 12, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #16 of 34
Personally I don’t eq so I’m not sure I can be considered as part of an eq mob, however I will recognize that audeze is a particular exception to the rule - many if not all of their headphones are agreed upon to be tangibly worse and hindered without eq
Not sure why Audeze esp. LCD-X 2021 would be an exception, it's already pretty close to Harman curve, I do not believe there are any headphones that align perfectly against Harman target. Plus not everyone's ears agree with Harman being the best target for music listening, perhaps for studio mixing engineers it's more critical.
The whole EQ idea when human ears already act as one is misconceptual, IMO.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #17 of 34
Not sure why Audeze esp. LCD-X 2021 would be an exception, it's already pretty close to Harman curve, I do not believe there are any headphones that align perfectly against Harman target. Plus not everyone's ears agree with Harman being the best target for music listening, perhaps for studio mixing engineers it's more critical.
The whole EQ idea when human ears already act as one is misconceptual, IMO.
Yep. LCD X 2021 is a pretty big exception, you’re right. Ofc everyone has their preferences I was just trying to speak in generalities for the “average man”.

“The whole EQ idea when human ears already act as one is misconceptual, IMO.” - What do you mean by this?

Sep 12, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #18 of 34
“The whole EQ idea when human ears already act as one is misconceptual, IMO.” - What do you mean by this?
Infamous brain burn in. Ears and brain apply internal correction to the received sound, so the perception of something that was loud, quiet, bright or dark will change over time.
https://www.uaudio.com/blog/how-the-ear-works/

Beyerdynamic calls it "habituation effect"
https://support.beyerdynamic.com/hc/en-us/articles/201875262-Do-I-need-to-burn-in-my-headphones-

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #19 of 34
Sep 12, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #21 of 34
T1 G3 is what you are looking for :wink:
Perfect bass.details.
Old music from the 60/70’s sounds good

Sep 12, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #23 of 34
T1 G3 is what you are looking for :wink:
Perfect bass.details.
Old music from the 60/70’s sounds good
Quite peculiar tuning these ones have
1663014319245.png

Can't comment on the sound first hand, but T1 G1 I have are not as resolving or technical as other options mentioned in this thread. Decent mid-fi, like HD650, which I'd probably prefer over those.

Sep 12, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #25 of 34
I loved the T 1.3s (I tried them and returned) with all "Metallica" albums and some "Stratovarius" and "Nightwish" I tried (was really the best experience I have had with those bands using headphones)... But I didn't like them at all with some gothic metal I tried (my preferred metal genre), like "Tristania" or "The sins of the beloved". I can't remember if I tried some melodic black or death with them... because the clamp pressure was very high and they pinched my inferior ear lobes, so I decided to return...

Sep 13, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #26 of 34
T1’s cups is smaller than 1770/1990

Sep 17, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #28 of 34
What made you pick the LCD-X over the Clear ? I am just curious. I own both of these headphones, and I think that they are both excellent pieces of gear. It is tough to pick a winner between these two.

Sep 17, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #29 of 34
What made you pick the LCD-X over the Clear ? I am just curious. I own both of these headphones, and I think that they are both excellent pieces of gear. It is tough to pick a winner between these two.
The place I went to demo actually didn't have the clear og, but had the clear mg instead. After demoing a few of the same songs on both (alternating back and forth between them), lcdx sounded overall better to me. At that point I was comfortable making my decision.

Sure, it wasn't the og clear, but from my research, looks like the majority of people who have heard both view them just as good as each other, and depends on taste for which is better.

And at that point, I was able to buy an lcdx right there, and I knew that I absolutely loved it, instead of having to deal with the potential hassle of ordering one I might not like, then having regrets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back