Looking to trade five figures worth of gear... (loudspeakers, headphones, electronics, cables, etc.)
Type
For Trade
Shipping Destinations
  1. Anywhere
Mar 2, 2021 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Music Alchemist

Pokémon trainer of headphones
I have gotten rid of nearly all of my audio gear over the years. I'm looking to trade most of what's left of it for high-end headphones or possibly other things.

I am especially interested in the Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC and Hifiman Susvara...but feel free to make any trade offer.

(Naturally, trades plus cash are another possibility. I am not opposed to selling either, but this is primarily a trade thread.)

If you are interested, send me a PM letting me know which items you want and what you are offering to trade, and we can exchange photos, further details and so on.

I am located in the United States, so trades within the US are preferable. (I would be hesitant to do an international trade unless it's particularly enticing.)

You can click each item to go to the official product page and learn more. Please note that I have listed the original US retail prices to give an idea of their value. (Used market values can vary considerably, of course.)

cables:
High Fidelity Cables Orchestral Helix magnetic analog RCA interconnects (1.5 meter pair) ($6,890)
These purportedly outperform even the most expensive ($30,000+) cables from other brands, utilizing powerful magnets (inside devices in the middle, as well as in the connectors) to force electrons to the center of the magnetized conductors for higher fidelity sound. With suitable electronics and adapters, they can also be used as headphone and speaker cables. If you have a high-end system and want to take it to the next level, these have astonishing realism and yield improvements in every aspect of sound.

loudspeakers:
Omega TS3 ($399; discontinued)
Polk Monitor 40 Series II ($179)
Sony SS-CS5 ($150; currently on sale for $120)

headphones:
KLH Ultimate One ($300)
beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition (aka Premium) 250 Ohm - rare blue version ($199)
AKG K371 ($149; currently on sale for $119)

IEMs:
Sendy Aiya ($399)
Open-back planar magnetic IEMs. I heard they were limited to 99 units, but I'm not sure.

DAP:
Shanling M3s ($279)

magnetic headphone module:
High Fidelity Cables Trinity Go ($299)

power amp:
Behringer A500 ($300)

studio equipment rack:
SCS Portable Studio Racks 6RU ($200)

electric guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul with black flame maple top and soft case (~$500)

Chord Hugo 2
Hifiman HE400
xDuoo X20

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #2 of 13

theMillerdave

100+ Head-Fier
I gotta see that Les Paul :)

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 13

Music Alchemist

Pokémon trainer of headphones
I gotta see that Les Paul :)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/epiphone-les-paul-electric-guitar-with-black-flame-maple-top.955131/

7c945a0b0d20a9734d14f4fd797ab0cf6fae93d2_hq.gif

I actually just got back from the local pack 'n' ship because I wanted to see how much it would cost me to ship it. Looks like the cheapest FedEx option is over $130. 😒

Mar 3, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #5 of 13

theMillerdave

100+ Head-Fier
Apr 2, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #13 of 13

d8n0g

100+ Head-Fier
I have gotten rid of nearly all of my audio gear over the years. I'm looking to trade most of what's left of it for high-end headphones or possibly other things.

I am especially interested in the Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC and Hifiman Susvara...but feel free to make any trade offer.

(Naturally, trades plus cash are another possibility. I am not opposed to selling either, but this is primarily a trade thread.)

If you are interested, send me a PM letting me know which items you want and what you are offering to trade, and we can exchange photos, further details and so on.

I am located in the United States, so trades within the US are preferable. (I would be hesitant to do an international trade unless it's particularly enticing.)

You can click each item to go to the official product page and learn more. Please note that I have listed the original US retail prices to give an idea of their value. (Used market values can vary considerably, of course.)

cables:
High Fidelity Cables Orchestral Helix magnetic analog RCA interconnects (1.5 meter pair) ($6,890)
These purportedly outperform even the most expensive ($30,000+) cables from other brands, utilizing powerful magnets (inside devices in the middle, as well as in the connectors) to force electrons to the center of the magnetized conductors for higher fidelity sound. With suitable electronics and adapters, they can also be used as headphone and speaker cables. If you have a high-end system and want to take it to the next level, these have astonishing realism and yield improvements in every aspect of sound.

loudspeakers:
Omega TS3 ($399; discontinued)
Polk Monitor 40 Series II ($179)
Sony SS-CS5 ($150; currently on sale for $120)

headphones:
KLH Ultimate One ($300)
beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition (aka Premium) 250 Ohm - rare blue version ($199)
AKG K371 ($149; currently on sale for $119)

IEMs:
Sendy Aiya ($399)
Open-back planar magnetic IEMs. I heard they were limited to 99 units, but I'm not sure.

DAPs:
Shanling M3s ($279)
xDuoo X20 ($269)

magnetic headphone module:
High Fidelity Cables Trinity Go ($299)

power amp:
Behringer A500 ($300)

studio equipment rack:
SCS Portable Studio Racks 6RU ($200)

electric guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul with black flame maple top and soft case (~$500)

Chord Hugo 2
Hifiman HE400
Pm

Users who are viewing this thread