Looking to re-cable Koss ESP 950
Apr 27, 2014 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mjock3

Head-Fier
Wondering if anyone has done a re-cable job on the Koss ESP 950's? I would like to do it with Stax cable and was wondering which Stax cable works the best for fit?

Thanks

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #2 of 6
I've the same question. Anyone there who can help to find a replacement cable for the ESP 950 ?
Thanks in advance 
dt880smile.png

Kind regards
Gerd

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 6
You can also buy the Stax extension cable and cut off the female plug on one end. The Stax extension cables should be easy to buy. Type numbers are SRE-725 for 2.5 meters, and SRE-750 for 5 meters.
I cannot give advice on how to solder these cables to your ESP 950: have no experience with that. I have read though that it's best to cover the drivers with a piece of cardboard when you're soldering, in case any hot solder or flux sputters onto the drivers, eating a hole in them.

Slightly related: Users have reported Koss still honours the warranty, even when the headphones are recabled, or are sent in without cable.

Here is the pin configuration for Stax cables/headphones/amps. Obviously the two bias wires are connected to one pin inside the connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back