Looking to purchase, but can I obtain the ++ and -- ?
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sweet Spot

1000+ Head-Fier
As the title suggests, I am interested in purchasing the SA6's, but I'm also curious to know if I'll be able to get the bass ++ and treble -- ports that I've seen mentioned here ? I've listened with and enjoyed Shure E530's and wonder how close in comparison they rank to the SA6's, because the money saved is substantial enough to hold off on going with the Shure's.

Last question: Aside from the potential ability to lose the pieces which make up the SA6, is the overall build quality of these pieces substantial, or do you guys get the impression that it feels plastic-ish and cheap ?

doug

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Looks like I missed the thread where people are/were having issues with the tubes snapping in half. I guess this kind of kills it for me, because knowing my luck, one would break off while still in my ear, and that would freak me out big time. Have SA addressed this issue perhaps ?

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 4
Bass++ is included in every new SA6 sold (so it depends if your retailer has old or new stock)

Treble-- does not exist

issue with trebble tube was greatly addressed with the removing toll that is now provided.

Having said that, Imho the SA6 module are not meant to be swapped on a regular basis, after the first initial heavy swaping to find the signature that correspond to your taste, you are very likely not to swap again and there for losing parts does not come so much to be an issue...

Nov 23, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass++ is included in every new SA6 sold (so it depends if your retailer has old or new stock)

Treble-- does not exist

issue with trebble tube was greatly addressed with the removing toll that is now provided.

Having said that, Imho the SA6 module are not meant to be swapped on a regular basis, after the first initial heavy swaping to find the signature that correspond to your taste, you are very likely not to swap again and there for losing parts does not come so much to be an issue...

QFT

Just got to have a little patience while swapping the tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back