Looking to modify my RE-400s for comfort, where do I begin?
Nov 26, 2016 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drambit

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of HiFiMAN RE-400 IEMs that probably don't see as much use as they could because I find them at present very uncomfortable, although I like the sound. My main problems are:

• If I leave them in my ears normally so that the cord points down, I get horrible microphonics and the experience is terrible. If I wrap them around the back of my ears, the cord never stays in place and I have to literally constantly fidget with it.
  • None of the silicone earbuds seem to be the right fit for me. I have two different sized ears, and the closest I could get to something fitting properly was using the flanged earbuds, which although fitting correctly, cause discomfort do to their flanged nature which is rough on the ear canal. Even then, one of them pops out of my right ear constantly. 

So basically I need two solutions, a way to reliably keep the cord in place around my ear, and some kind of replacement earbuds that are more comfortable.

Any suggestions? 

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 2
Try buying an earhook to hold the wire in place and for the eartips make sure to check the size of the bore of your earphones before purchasing the eartip. Westone eartips are quite comfortable if they will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back