Looking to improve the comfort of my headphones
Dec 2, 2016 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yonyz

Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a pair of Noontec Zoro. 
They sound good enough to me, however after an hour or so they get uncomfortable and my ears start to ache. 
I don't know if it's because they're on-ear or not, but their clamp seems decent to me, not too forceful.

I couldn't find any 3rd party pads for these so I'm not sure what can be done. Is it possible to turn them into over-ears?

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hi,

I have a pair of Noontec Zoro. 
They sound good enough to me, however after an hour or so they get uncomfortable and my ears start to ache. 
I don't know if it's because they're on-ear or not, but their clamp seems decent to me, not too forceful.

I couldn't find any 3rd party pads for these so I'm not sure what can be done. Is it possible to turn them into over-ears?

​The clamp doesn't need to be tight to get uncomfortable, it just has to concentrate that clamp force into a small enough area, and when it comes to over ears it can be enough force to bend your earlobes to the skull which doesn't feel tight initially but will hurt after a while.

Not sure how to convert it to a circumaural but Grados for example have the Headphile C-Pads to fit Beyer earpads, so if you have access to a 3D printer and scanner, you can make a plastic adapter that will fit on the earcup and then you mount a circumaural earpad onto that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back