Looking to go into CIEM, any recommendations?
Jul 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tamngoman

New Head-Fier
I have been using the same setup for about a year now Q701 + Schiit M stack. I want to transition to IEM, but more importantly custom iems. my budget is 500, and i just want the best for the price. do any of you guys have any recommendations?

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 10
IMO if you buy used JH13Pro, Westone ES5, UM Miracle around this price range and then you can send them for reshell later and they willbe much better sounding than basic price CIEMs.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #6 of 10
consider hazards of a mold. As you get older, they will not fit. They are also looser than an insert like a foamie or tri-flange so moderate activity will be a possible problem staying in and sweat creating a wet surface. Just something to consider in your decision. Certainly not a deal breaker but if you have an active lifestyle, the custom molds may not be the best option.

Aug 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #7 of 10
A proper fitting CIEM would not be loose. In fact they can take a bit of effort to get in and out when you're inexperienced. As for your ears changing, you will probably need a re-shell every 10 years or so, which costs about $100, so that's $10/year, which is like buying a pair of Skullcandy throwaways every year lol. Well worth it IMO.

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #9 of 10
im not too active lol interms of running and etc. the only reason why i really was looking into a ciem was comfort. for almost 2 hours on the train everyday, and while waiting for classes and etc having earbuds kinda get annoying after 45 mins.

I decided on jumping on the Heir 4.A, a forum member is selling it at a good price here, so all i need is a reshell and im all set :D
if it does fall through i will look at cosmic ears.
hows the comparison from cosmic ears to heir?

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back