Looking to get 1st USB DAC
Sep 3, 2009 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lazerboy2000

100+ Head-Fier
I just got sucked into the head-fi world and now i'm looking at getting my next gadget. I've already got Alessandro MS-1i's and a Pa2v2 amp but I'd like to get a decent DAC since my computer sucks.

I've already done research and narrowed it down to a few USB DAC's, but would like to get your opinion on which to get.

In no order:
1)Fubar II
2) Gamma 1
3) BamtamDAC
4)Alien DAC
5)Hot Audio DACDestroyer or DAC Straight
6)E-mu 0202

I'm looking for something around $100 and needs to have USB input with either RCA or 3.5mm or 1/4" ouput. Currently it seems that the Gamma-1 is the best out of this, but perhaps I need corrected?

Any other options to look out and what might you recommend out of this group? Thanks!

EDIT: If anybody feels this would belong better in "Portable Source Gear", feel free to move it.

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 4
i havent tried any of those...
but from my research yes indeed the gamma 1 seems like the best bang for your buck.
with the usb lite version you can get it build from misterX for 75usd plus shipping.

me myself am looking for my first dac! with a usb input, and am waiting on the gamma 2.

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 4
The FubarII USB DAC is excellent, especially if you get The Supplier as well. But that puts the price, new to well over budget. The Supplier adds dynamic and drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back