Looking to buy the Electric Avenues PA2V2
May 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MetaLicca

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking for a portable headphone amp for a little while, and I've come across the PA2V2. From what I've read, it's a great amp for a good price. My only issue is this though; at the moment I'm only using a pair of Sennheiser HD 428's, so will this amp give me any noticable increase in sound quality, or will I have to invest in a better pair of headphones before it's really useful to buy an amp? Thanks.

May 27, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 5
The PA2V2 is a fantastic little portable amp. I got one from gary (extremely nice guy to do business with) and they will give any headphone a small boost in quality since you can drive the entire unit above it's rated potential. (low end at least)

The 428's don't really need amping from what I've heard of them. If you're willing to upgrade to a 555/595 then you'll definitely see your sound quality increase with the amp.

May 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
The PA2V2 is a fantastic little portable amp. I got one from gary (extremely nice guy to do business with) and they will give any headphone a small boost in quality since you can drive the entire unit above it's rated potential. (low end at least)

The 428's don't really need amping from what I've heard of them. If you're willing to upgrade to a 555/595 then you'll definitely see your sound quality increase with the amp.

Yeah, I've heard a ton about him, and how nice of a person he is. As with the upgrade, I've been considering getting a pair of 598's for a little while now, but I'll have to wait a while to get them. From what you said, should I wait to buy the amp as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back