Looking to buy some Sennheiser headphones?
May 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jbob181

New Head-Fier
My range is $100 and under I am a headphone noob I looking for comfort and good quality sound I will be using them on the bus to listen to music and to watch movies on my laptop.

May 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 5
what are better out of these 

[size=1.7em]Sennheiser HD 429 , Sennheiser HD 229 , [COLOR=696969][SIZE=1.2em][COLOR=CC6600]Sennheiser PX 200 II[/COLOR]
ir

or does anyone recommend a different kind ?
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/size]

Hello!

Never get to try any of those that you listed but the HD439 SHOULD sound better in comparison but I could be wrong. If you allow on-ear in the game, UE4000 is one of my favorite under $100 headphone!

Billson :D

May 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 5
The PX 200 II sound very very nice, but provide no isolation.  So I don't think you'd like them on the bus or other noisy environments.

I have the HD439, mentioned above and they give medium to good isolation (not as good as my ATH M50s for example) and are exceedingly comfortable on my ears.  

I thought the top end to be a bit rolled off at first, but has opened up with use.  I think the mids are quite well integrated with the bass, and the bass is entirely sufficient for my listening.  For a closed headphone, they give a fairly good spatial image (much better than the M50's for example).

I did listen to the HD 429 at the store, but set up was far from ideal.  Maybe more clarity -- but rather suspect that they just didn't have same level of mid and low bass.  Guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back