Looking to buy computer speakers for $75 or less
May 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Psykeout

New Head-Fier
I am looking to purchase a new pair of computer speakers to replace the old ones which died unexpectedly. The new speakers will be used for listening to music such as rock, blues, and jazz as well as to watch movies and youtube. I am on a bit of a budget and would like to not spend more than $75 if possible. Also size is somewhat limited due to not enough space/too much clutter on my desk. I have no preference as to what kind of setup as long as they sound good and can fulfill my needs.

Thanks for the help

May 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 7
If one has a tight budget but want decent SQ in a small package i would say cans are the answer
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 7
The previous speakers I had were the Sony SRS-D21 which was a 2.1 system. I felt they were okay for the most part except for the speakers being kind of flimsy and prone to tipping over. By the way I looked all over for the cans system but I couldn't find them. Also a family member suggested that I try connecting a Pioneer receiver from the late 60s to the computer but I'm not sure if it has the ability to do such.

May 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 7
What i meant was a headphone set up (cans)
darthsmile.gif
Yes check out the audio inputs on that old receiver - all u need is a 3.5mm or RCA input and you could feed your PC to that and run off some passive speakers with em

May 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks I'll have to try that at a later time but for now I'm just looking for some speakers that will fit my needs. I'm not really interested in headphones because the speakers are for friends and family to enjoy not just me. If anyone still has any assistance I'll greatly appreciate it.

May 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #7 of 7
I've been doing some research and would like to know if anyone has opinion about if one of these are better than the other as far as sound quality and longevity.

• Genius SW-G2.1 1250 2.1 Speaker System

• Edifier USA M1380 Multimedia Speakers

• Logitech Z313 Speaker System

• Sony SRSD4 2.1 Desktop Speaker System

I am also reconsidering perhaps connecting my receiver to the computer but am concerned about it perhaps affecting the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back