Looking to buy a new CD player
Jul 21, 2010 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

headbob

Head-Fier
Hey,

Currently, my setup is a Sony CDP-800, Marantz 2230B, and then my phones are hd 555s.  I've been enjoying this for a while, but now I feel the need to upgrade.  So I've decided to revamp my sysem from the bottom up.

I'm looking for a CD player that is reasonably affordable, has a nice DAC, and that can hold more that one disc.

Thanks

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #2 of 4
If you can track down a CD751/753 you will be pleasantly surprised. I gave a CD753 a listen, stock it is impressive which made me buy a CD751 right away. 

There are plenty of other options though.

What about an external DAC, oversampling or non oversampling?

Good luck anyway...

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #3 of 4
For a multidisc player, the Sony SCD-CE595 is a pretty good deal. I bought one a few years ago and it got me into SACD. It might not be the most expensive player, but it delivers the sonic goods. I still have it, and am planning to put it into a second system at my desert house as soon as we finish remodeling the place.

You might do well to consider some of the commercial CD players used at radio statons. Denon and others make nice ones. Commercial players have superb build quality and tend to be very accurate.

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 4
^^

Agreed. I actually have the Sony SCD-CE775 SACD player and it's been awesome as a SACD/CD player and CD transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back