Looking into buying a new pair of headphones.
Aug 17, 2011 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

DubHead

Head-Fier
I am looking into buying a new set of headphones. I had the aviators for a bit but i returned them because of the massive sound leakage. I listen to a variety of music including classical, trance, dubstep, and power full choir songs. I plan to use them with my phone and my tablet to i don't really want a set that i need a amp for. I will use them to listen to music but i do video editing too and i want to start editing audio. Right now i have a set of v-moda vibes. The new headphones HAVE to be pretty tough because i am pretty rough on my tech. My budget is pretty big but i am trying to save some money so i am going to set it at $250. Thanks for helping!
k701smile.gif

Aug 17, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 26
Welcome to Head-fi and Im sorry about your wallet.  =)
Heres a good link to a discussion that could help you on your way to choosing a HP.  

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529144/buying-headphones-seeking-guidance-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here/6030#post_7669819

Good luck and I hope you can find what your looking for.  

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 26
I was hoping someone would give me a few definitive choices and i could go from there. After a bit more reading i decided i probably WILL buy a DAC bit first i need a good set of cans. Also... Please make sure they dont have a lot of sound leakage.

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 26

Quote:
I was hoping someone would give me a few definitive choices and i could go from there. After a bit more reading i decided i probably WILL buy a DAC bit first i need a good set of cans. Also... Please make sure they dont have a lot of sound leakage.

Heya,

Sounds like you need something that can sort of do everything, so more neutral perhaps.

Check out:

Fischer Audio FA-003
Shure 840 & 940
Ultrasone Pro 550
Sennheiser HD380 Pro
BeyerDynamic DT660
Audiotechnica M50

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back