Looking for the bass monster headphones that beat ALL others...
Sep 27, 2009 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

musik_lover

Head-Fier
Alright so I am not an expert with the "detail" of bass or what makes quality let me explain what I want.

I want a true bass monster headphone that beats all others, I listen to hip-hop/rap music from the south which has lots of 808's and makes subwoofers go crazy!

Balanced sound is irrelavent really, I just want a full-sized headphones with monster bass that BOOOMS in my head when the song hits those low, powerful, 808 drums and subwoofer sounds.

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 15
well...there are a few, and the denon AH-D5000 is one of them.
they will blow your mind man! they are also very good in all the spectrum,not only in the bass region.

they are the only closed ,bass heavy can I own so i can't recommend on others, but there are more of this type...like the JVC HP DX1000 for example.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by musik_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No price range, no amp (preferably)

So you have no budget restrictions, but arent keen on shelling out for the engine to drive these 'bass monsters' ? Uh huh .....

ML, its not hard to find headphones that have massive, deep bass, but they dont come cheap (Edition 8 and the aforementioned Denons, for starters) and the full effect simply wont be available without an amp. I doubt that you will ever get subwoofer bass : probably cheaper and easier to buy a modest 2.1 system and spend the bulk of your cash on that sub. And be prepared for angry neighbours - I know I'd be angry.

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #6 of 15
You will NEED an amp - bass requires juice or you will get clipping (= no bass). The choices are basically Beyer dt770 or JVC DX1000 if you REALLY want BASS, and don't care much about other attributes.......

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #8 of 15
Any headphone + high order low pass filter tuned really low. You won't be able to hear anything but bass.

But yeah, DT770/80 is a pretty good approximation of the above, with a bit of splashy treble mixed in.

Sep 28, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #9 of 15
Man do I wish I had no price range for new set of headphones
frown.gif
. The Denon D2000 unamped, straight out of the ipod has very boomy, uncontrolled bass.
L3000.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #10 of 15
Try the Ultrasone Edition 9, no longer available but sometimes can be found for $1000 or so second-hand. Audio Technica's L3000 has the best bass of anything I've listened with, but you're looking at $3k second-hand as it is also discontinued.

What was that about no price range?
biggrin.gif
L3000.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #11 of 15
I cant believe no one mentioned Darth Beyers.

Sep 28, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #12 of 15
DARTH BEYERS! They will dislodge your fillings and bend steel.

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #14 of 15
so... I think I'll look into getting the DARTH BEYERS. Should I get an amp for these? Is one needed?

EDIT: Matter of fact, I feel like since I'm not limited by price... I've read a review here I think about the Edition 8's and they said the bass is just truely unmatched by any other headphones... So I think what I'll do is buy those Edition 8's and get an amp.

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #15 of 15
If you don't have a budget, I would get a good amplifier and the ATH-L3000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back