Looking for speakers for the IPhone <$150 budget
Feb 1, 2012 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DAhn626

Head-Fier
Hey all, I'm pretty new here and new to the audiophile world. I recently decided to purchase a pair of Copper Pro's and have become a sound snob ever since. (I hope I don't get flamed on my first post for purchasing from the devil of the music business!) And let's be honest...sometimes you just want to enjoy a nice glass of wine with a good book and clean ambiance music running in the back not restricted by rubber things in your ear. 

I'm trying to get a small decent setup for my iphone and wanted to see if I could get some assistance. I've already searched the forums and realized most of them are way out of date, but found a few recent ones where  Akai RPM3 and the Behringer MS16 were recommended.

2 things:

1. Is it possible to get a wireless setup for that price?
2. Are those 2 the best in the business for my price range?

And just for some personal preferences: I love crisp highs, WARM LOWS are a MUST, bass isn't necessary, but there's nothing like a clean deep bass sound.  

Thank you so much in advance!  

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 9
Hmm with a tight budget i would place SQ on top of any bonus/features so i'd just go with an iphone/apple line out kit feeding a T-Amp/bookshelf speakers or active 2.0s? Consider the used market too
L3000.gif

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 9
thank you for responding! I saw a T-amp setup and planned on doing that, but now I guess I need recommendations on good bookshelf speakers. Can you recommend a few to look into? 

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 9
I did some snooping on Craigslist and found a few deals. 

Behringer 2030p for $100
celestion 7 for $150
Polk rti for $250

Which of these would be best..? Ah I wish I could sample them myself..

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #9 of 9
The behringers are excellent speakers for the money I have the larger B2031p , the only downfall of the 2030p is the bass starts to roll off at 100hz -3db at 75hz if the lack of sub bass doesn't bother you then for $100 a pair there a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back