Looking for some help on IEM tip sizes ...
Jul 19, 2009 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RedSky0

1000+ Head-Fier
So, right now I use a pair of 'small' Shure olives. They fit completely and utterly perfectly but they get a bit abrasive/itchy after a while so I was thinking of trying another type. In fact really they're almost perfect but obsessive compulsiveness is rearing its ugly head.

Problem is, I haven't had much luck with size and was wondering if anyone who uses the same small sized Shure tips could give me some recommendations for what also fits them.

I tried the Comply T-100 'slim' tips, but they're way too slim in diameter and are also considerably too short in length. Anyone know how the Comply P-series standard/long tips compare? Also what about the Ety Gliders, how do they compare in size?

Oh and I'm open to flange suggestions too, but only if they're super comfortable, I find the stock Ety ones put way too much pressure on my ear and are pokey.

(Using ER4Ps by the way.)

Cheers for any help
normal_smile .gif

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, right now I use a pair of 'small' Shure olives. They fit completely and utterly perfectly but they get a bit abrasive/itchy after a while so I was thinking of trying another type. In fact really they're almost perfect but obsessive compulsiveness is rearing its ugly head.

Problem is, I haven't had much luck with size and was wondering if anyone who uses the same small sized Shure tips could give me some recommendations for what also fits them.

I tried the Comply T-100 'slim' tips, but they're way too slim in diameter and are also considerably too short in length. Anyone know how the Comply P-series standard/long tips compare? Also what about the Ety Gliders, how do they compare in size?

Oh and I'm open to flange suggestions too, but only if they're super comfortable, I find the stock Ety ones put way too much pressure on my ear and are pokey.

(Using ER4Ps by the way.)

Cheers for any help
normal_smile .gif

Shure olives are sized a bit larger than normal; if small olives fit you well you might try mediums in another type... I would recommend Shure grey softips in medium (what I use) or small (both examples obtainable in a 'fit kit' from Shure or Earphonesolutions). These are comfortable and they move with your ear - meaning they keep a seal through jaw movement etc., and long-lasting with easy maintenance to boot. I've also attached a couple of Phonek ear guides to mine, enabling over-the-ear & eliminating the shirt clip, making them somewhat mobile. Unfortunately, after dialing them in - they are mere backups if my Westone 3s ever go down... Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back