Looking for some headphones for gaming commentaries
Aug 7, 2011 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zelkam

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm wanting to get a new pair of headphones with a built in mic for doing gaming commentaries but not really sure what I should get.  The biggest problem that I have is that I have a mechanical gaming keyboard which is quite noisy, so I want a mic that will pick up my voice well, and have good quality, but hopefully wont pick up the clacking from my keyboard at all.  My only other preferences are that they be closed ear (although i would gladly settle for open ear if the mic quality was what I'm looking for) and that they be under $50.  Thanks in advance!

Aug 7, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey there nakaroxx, I checked out both of those headsets you mentioned but neither one of them had a mic on them, only speakers.
frown.gif
I'm really wanting to get a pair with a mic already on it.  The one set that I'm considering is the plantronics gamecom 367, but I'm still not sure if the noise cancelling mic would be able to block out my keyboard. 

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 4
In fact I used to have the Gamecom™ 367, and it worked as advertised until one day the top strap broke near the middle; I traced that issue to a stress riser where the boom microphone stows.  As of 16 April 2012, Plantronics® now has a Gamecom™ 380, which uses a different design of top strap to eliminate the stress riser failures of the 367/377 family; if ye're careful in your search for a vendor, a price as low as $49.99 before taxes and/or shipping may be had. :wink:

I consider the 380 a satisfactory headset for my LinUX box with a Creative Laboratories® SB0350 PCI audio card and SB0250 I/O drive, as the I/O drive's internal headphone amp will work with loads down to 8Ω (not so my Asus® CM1630 with XONAR® Essence™ STX audio, as the last has 10.7Ω source impedance in its headphone amp and therefore really wants to see ≧80Ω).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back