Looking for SoCal builder to fix Beta22 amp
Nov 22, 2008 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

strangelove

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a Beta22 amp from one of our fellow headfiers, the one seen in this thread here. Something happened in shipping and the right channel doesn't work, both the headphone out or the speaker out. I've tried both inputs. I opened up the case and everything seems to be connected as far as I can tell. The left board heatsinks get warm when on but the right ones stay cold.

I'm not sure what the problem is and have no DIY experience. I'm looking for someone local that can help me fix this amp as it would be cheaper than shipping it to and from somebody.

-Jim

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 8
just to make things clear, tyrion was in no way, shape or form involved in the transactions. it was no longer his amp. i purchased the amp from tyrion. just didnt want his name to be tarnished or brought in in case something were to go south since he had nothing to do with anything.

hope someone can help with this.

Nov 23, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 8
let me know how much the repair costs come out to be. if it is something reasonable we can work something out but if something needs to be rebuilt, id have to go to fedex and file a claim and go through that whole thing.

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #6 of 8
Sorry, didn't mean to lead anyone to thing tyrion was involved. That was just the thread that had the pictures in it. I'm sure we'll be able to get this thing fixed.

If it's going to need hands on repair I might contact you randytsuch. Thanks for the offer. I'd like to avoid shipping this thing back and forth for repairs because it would be costly and only provide a situation for more things to go wrong.

Thanks for all the support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just to make things clear, tyrion was in no way, shape or form involved in the transactions. it was no longer his amp. i purchased the amp from tyrion. just didnt want his name to be tarnished or brought in in case something were to go south since he had nothing to do with anything.

hope someone can help with this.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #7 of 8
Sounds like a horrible situation! Really frustrating when couriers deliver something in this sort of state. I have had a large, very solid, very well packaged subwoofer arrive at its destination in pieces internally due to an experience like this. The circuit boards were smashed from their mounting holes and the speaker destroyed!

Best of luck with your repair, sounds like the community will get it sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back