Looking for round Earpads with a diameter of 80mm and a thickness > 20mm. Can you guys please check the dimensions of your Earpads?
Mar 3, 2015 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Giogio

Bluetooth Guru
Hello guys,

after a while try to helping people with my thread on Bluetooth Headphones, it seems I need help too again.
I need earpads. They must be round, have an outer diameter of 80mm (3.15 inches) or few mm more, and must be thicker than 2cm (0.80 inches). I mean, 2cm is not enough. They must be at least 25mm thick (1"). Or 23mm, but not 20.

So, please, could you take a measuring device of any kind and measure outer diameter and thickness of your earpads and let me know to which headphone they belong, so that I can find the right earpads in internet?

Because the problem is that the 90% of sellers have no idea of the dimensions of the Earpads they sell. They have a list of Earpads organized for compatible Headphone, and only very very very few of them are willing to get up from their seat and spend 5 minutes of their time giving a look at their round headphones to help a customer.
I have written to DOZENS and dozens of them, and no chance.
Also Shure, Beyerdynamic, AKG and Sennheiser and Audio Technica.
No hope.
You are my last chance.

Thanks!!!

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 12
I found these on ebay, they are 20mm thick.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Velour-80mm-ear-pads-cushion-earpad-cover-replacement-foam-headphone-pillow-8cm-/181595104429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a47e964ad

And here are some others but i don't know the thickness.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Replacement-earpad-For-Sony-MDR-V500DJ-ATH-WS70-Headphones-ear-pads-80MM-/251271712330?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3a80f60e4a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ear-Cushion-80MM-Pads-for-Sony-MDR-V55-MDR-V500-MDR-7502-ATH-WS70-WS77-WS99-/151351342869?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Headphones_Earphones&hash=item233d3e3715

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ear-Cushion-Pads-for-Sony-MDR-V500DJ-80mm-pads-PU-Leather-Black-NEW-/161320353795?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Headphones_Earphones&hash=item258f714003

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 12
Thanks!
Well, I may have been not clear enough, so I have edited my post now. I need something which is more than 2cm thick. It must be at least 25mm (1 inch).

The two ones of this seller in Ebay who sell the grey one I had seen them and I had written to him. He says they are 15mm thick! I could not believe it. Who would ever possibly mack 15mm thick earpads? Why?

Whatever.
Shure seem to have a really bad Customer Care. The answer I have got from them are telegrafic and laconic, no hi, no dear, no thanks, no bye. Just "here a list of..." with ONE earpads without dimensions. Second answer, worse. I just deleted it and never more.
Sennheiser is not much better. They gave me the dimensions of the Urbanite XL, too big and just 2cm thick. But I had also asked which other of their headphones have or had 80mm large round earpads. No answer.

I think they may not even know. Why should they know, if at the end they just need to know the model of earpads which fit with each headphone? Nobody ask for dimensions.
The only way is you guys here, to know the dimensions of earpads of headphones. Or a producer of earpads. But I did not find any producer of earpads.

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 12
Yeah it can be hard to find so thick ones on that relative small size ear pads. I found these ear pads, they are 8cm outer and 5 inner diameter but I don't know how thick they are or if they fit non Grado headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/EarZonk-Long-Life-Leatherette-Cushions-Headphones/dp/B00OM21W1I/ref=sr_1_279?ie=UTF8&qid=1425425630&sr=8-279&keywords=earpads

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 12
Well, you are very nice, I did not expect this kind of help, I had in mind something less invasive like people just taking one minute of time to measure the earpads of their headphones.
But you searches in internet, cool :)
Casually I had just written to Grado too.
But I have no answer yet.
These earpads look good, they definitely look thicker than 2cm, but well, the grey ones do not look only 15mm thick.
I will ask the seller, thanks :wink:

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 12
Unfortunately till now all answer were negative. Nobody has got something thicker than 20mm with a diameter of 80mm.
I have only found one which seem to be 23mm. I think that if they confirm outer and inner diameter I will give it a try. Maybe 3 mm are enough.
But, I kind of expected more partecipation in this thread :)
Measuring the pads of an headphone cant be so difficult.
Kind of disappointing.

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #8 of 12
BUMP!

Guys, seriously, hey, it is 2 minutes, measuring the round earpads you may have on your headphones.
And it may help not only me but all other people with this problem with these damn badyl designed Audio Technica headphones.
Come on, 2 minutes, if you have headphones with round earpads, and they happen to have 80 or max 85mm outer diameter, and MORE than 20mm thickness (min 23mm), let me know.
I wrote to dozens of shops found in google, ebay and amazon.
NOTHING.
Most people have all organized for model of compatible headphones and do not want to get up from their comfortable employed sea to take some dimensions and sell something.
Those who do, came back with negative answer. Nothing with that diameter or thickness.

help!

Mar 5, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #9 of 12
Kind of personal don't you think. How big are your earpads. Had to say it LOL All my headphones have oval pads.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #10 of 12
Eheh, yeah, it sounds a bit like something else :)
I have edited the title now.

Yes, of course, oval pads owner are forgiven :D
Anyway, I will wait. Not many people look so much for new threads where they have no subscription, I know.
But, well, sometimes it is frustrating to know that you are in a place full of people with lot of headphones, and that there surely is somebody with something with the earpads you need, but your thread does not reach them.

I know that most people here are willing to help and share info.
It is a pity that new threads are not always able to reach many people.

I will do something forbidden and will cross post also on the Help section.
I have opened at first this post because the only time I asked help in the Help forum I got no answer.
I mean. I spend quite a lot of time answering to people in my thread and trying to help out. So, I kind of felt I had the right to write here to get more answers, but, it did not exactly work out.

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #11 of 12
@Giogio Sorry for the necro-bumping, but d you still have your headphones? If so, which pads did you take at the end? Did it improve the sound? I'm personnally on the same issue, I tried two pair of earpads on my hand-built headphones. The first one had too small a diameter and was rough to wear but the bass restitution was excellent. The second one (I'm currently using) is more comfortable but sucks most of the low frequencies ^^'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back