Looking for replacment ear pad for Sennheiser RS175
Nov 28, 2015 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

geepondy

New Head-Fier
Just bought a pair of Sennheiser RS175s (closed ear pads) after coming from a pair for several years of RS120s (open ear pads).  I like everything else about the upgrade but realize right away I don't like the ear pads and wish I would have gone with looser more open style ear pads, plus I like a small amount of the ambient noise to come in so I can hear the door bell ring, etc.  I read that the RS180/185 headphones are more open faced.  Do you know if the RS180 or 185 ear pads will fit the RS175 headset?  Or what do you recommend?  REally don't wish to return the headphones without looking for alternative solutions first.   On my PC I use a pair of HD 555s which also infinitely more comfortable than the RS175s.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 4
I have read from a previous thread that they can indeed be replaced by the RS185 ear pads although it will result in a different sound stage.  Has anybody tried and if so can you relate your experience?  I like the headphones but having a hard time getting over the enclosed clampy feeling.  The pressure is uncomfortable on my upper jaw and my ears feel like I've had a sudden altitude change and they need to be popped.

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 4
i sent an email to sennheiser support asking about this as i find the rs 175 cushions to be not so comfortable and the 185 cushions look much nicer. I will let you know their reply

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 4
Hello everyone,
Sorry if I post wrong place. I have a problem with sennheiser RS 175 and I need your advices. I have the Sennheiser RS 175 connected through 3.5mm. Whenever the headphones are on I hear a constant beep in my right earcup then after a few minutes, it stop working. Initially, i think the problem is battery but it is fully charged and I put it on my old RS 180, it working perfectly. So I think problem come from the headphone. Anyone have same this problem, please give me some advices. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back