Looking for recommendations for a work IEM
Jan 19, 2017 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

eelnwahs

Head-Fier
Looking for an IEM to use at work with good isolation and little to none sound leakage while also being comfortable to wear for 5-6 hours a day.

I previously was using a DUNU DN-2000 but no longer have them due to certain circumstances. I would like a balanced detailed sound similar to DUNU DN-2000 with a wide spacious sound stage.

Budget: 100 USD

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 11
Looking for an IEM to use at work with good isolation and little to none sound leakage while also being comfortable to wear for 5-6 hours a day.

I previously was using a DUNU DN-2000 but no longer have them due to certain circumstances. I would like a balanced detailed sound similar to DUNU DN-2000 with a wide spacious sound stage.

Budget: 100 USD

You might check out the Shure SE215, which has good isolation and solid sound quality. There is also the Etymotic hf5--also good isolation and excellent sound quality.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 11
If you don't mind something slightly u-shaped and can spare just $20 more then I could reccomend the ma750. They are good for their price, and have a 3 year warranty.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #9 of 11
I've had a lot of people telling me to go for the vsonic gr07. Do you have any experience with that IEM?

I do not. I've heard that it has absolutely great sound quality, but not much more than that. I'd check out some reviews here and on the headphone list and innerfidelity. I don't know many IEMs in the price range, mostly the ma750.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #11 of 11
Ahh ok, we probably just have different tastes in sound signature since I prefer brighter sound and you seem to like warm

Not great with terminology (had to look this up) but bright refers to an emphasis in the upper midrange lower treble, correct? If that is the case then I would probably agree with you. The ma750 had a very energetic and sometimes slightly aggressive treble, and that was what I enjoyed the most about it. That is the part that my Meze 99 don't have and that I never actually thought I would like. But I can't remember if the upper mid-range was emphasized or not.
Ah, I'm just mumbling to myself now. I'll let the ones who are better at describing sound than me review headphones, for now I'll just listen. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back