Looking for quick advice about Pro 990 250Ohm.

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by fballboy23, Mar 9, 2013.
  1. Fballboy23
    x

2. MadMolly
    Cant speak for the other two, but the dt990 sound right up your ally.  The only thing you may not like about it is the high treble.  I mostly use the dt990/250 for movies and gaming because of that.  As for an amp, whats your budget?

3. Fballboy23
    x

4. MadMolly
    In that case, probably get the e10 since it's an amp/dac in one.  I would say the e9, but it's only an amp.

Try doing a little reasearch on this topic, there are a lot of threads like this that you can find by simply searching google.

5. Fballboy23
    x

6. MadMolly
    Looking at the e10 specs now.  Definitely not ideal, though some may disagree.  Perhaps you'd be better off with a more powerful amp like the Magni and just holding off on a dac for now.  The sound of the dt990 properly amped without a dac will sound better than it poorly amped with a dac.  The magni will power them just fine. 

7. Fballboy23
    x

8. MadMolly
    Your gonna get all kinds of opinions here, haha.  Trust me, I lurked around the forums for 2 years before making my account.  It's always better to try things out yourself.  Reading other people opinion will only get you so far.

9. Fballboy23
    x

10. Fballboy23
    x

11. MadMolly
    Hope you enjoy your setup [​IMG]

12. Fballboy23
    x