Looking for 'phones that...
Mar 15, 2006 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Wolfstan

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I am looking for headphones that can make me feel Steve Vai's guitar like I do when I play it on my PC stereo setup.
biggrin.gif

Down to the details. I listen to hard/classic rock, metal (guitar shredding), classic (orchestral and piano), jazz, and techno. I'm all over the place with genres. Whatever sounds good, says I. =) But mostly, the categories above. I've been using MX500 earbuds for years now, but they just don't cut it on any level for me. I'm not a DJ, but I like my sound clear and honest. I lean towards bass, personally, but I hate the type of headphone bass the sounds and feels like getting slapped on the ear. I plan to use the phones for portable and home listening, which include the playing of video games. But I really want them to shine for the music. I want the kind of sound that stops your soul on a cliche G chord and makes you think "DAMN. HELL YEAH," like when your hot girlfriend sings the moaning song in your ear. Yeah. THAT kind of sound.
tongue.gif

I've never used an amp before. I've heard it can help a lot, and if so I'd be willing to buy one. For the headphones, my budget is in the happy 150$-200$ range. For the sake of my wallet, I can't go over 200 bucks. Right now, the HD595s are looking good. But, don't let that sway your suggestions.

Help please.
redface.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underground
Used m2si's are probably a good choice for you

I don't like buying used products of anything, really. (Except games) But.. Where might I find used m2si's?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex M
You may want to consider Grados, SR125 and 225 are in your price range. See description here http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_p...th=13&products _id=132 and here http://www.headphone.com/products/he...ado-sr-225.php. I suggest you try them without the amp first to see if you like the sound signature. You can always add the amp later if desired.

TBH, I don't want to have to use an amp, unless it's really necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back