Looking for pc based source... currently using d2000 & hd580, about to upgrade
Jun 16, 2007 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

zhibli06

Member of the Trade: Venture Electronics
well, as you can c, this is my first post

i've dived here for quite a while ( I don't really know how to express the status of not posting anything for months in English)

anyway , i am a Chinese student who now study in Japan. ( my university is a bilingual international university,i guess my poor english is understandable ,^_^)

so i mainly buy from Yahoo auction ,japan, which is a really nice place...bought Denon d1000 for less than 80 USD, new~for example

personally,it is not that i hate those cds and the Cd players , I just keep losing discs from time to time, well , maybe i still have them somewhere in my room, just temporarily missing. In a word, i am too careless to deal with discs.

so I would like to play music from my laptop and external harddisk driver.

But one huge issue came up to me, in my system ,only hifi headphone, no dedicate sources , no dedicate headphone amps.(i do have some OK speaker amps which can driver my headphones have way nice,at least much better than the sound directly from my poor laptop.....

and nowadays in Japan the only high-end headphone I really want is the STAX 007 which come with an amp ( currenly 1400 usd ,new ,and around 1000 usd nice second hand), so the amp issue will be solved easily in the future

but now ... what I should do with the source.

as a gamer ,the optical output is the only digital output i really use everyday

i currently have a cheap sharp ad-usb1 , and one Echo mona 24 is about to come to me (only the external part)

so laptop----usb sharp ad-usb 1 ----Echo mona 24 (external part) - denon d200

a friend of mine said my usb sharp ad-usb 1 is garbage, will definitely be a pain in the ass and my whole system will sound really bad beacuse of it....

and i don't really know if i really a dedicate headphone amp or not?

and if i do get the Stax 007, which parts need to be upgrated ?

P.S: I won't be in this ****y city forever ,so the smaller, the better

and the budget is really limited (500 USD maybe?but i really wanna the stax 007,so i will buy it anyway, even if it can't sound as good as it suppose to be)....and i am in japan

thanks for your attention

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back