Looking for over-ear headphones in the $200-$400 range (bass heavy)
Oct 13, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #16 of 18
I was a backer but backed out to buy something else at the time. Will wait for impressions when they come out as they were kind of fun.

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #18 of 18
OK, so I just tried the Bowers and Wilkins P7. 

Is it me, or do all over the ear headphones sound a bit hollow? It's very hard to describe, but my beats sound like they're right next to my ears, and every set of over ear headphones that I try sound as if I'm listening to them through a metal can. 

Perhaps I'm missing something, or perhaps they're supposed to sound like this? I'm using the same exact sound jack that I use with my Beats Solo 2's, and the same Bluetooth connection. Not sure why I'm getting this type of sound out of over the ear vs on ear. 

Is this typical? 

So, the P7's...

These things are fantastically made. Very well built. Solid. The sound and bass is about as close to the Beats as I've heard so far. The V-Moda's were also close, but these came a lot closer, and the quality of sound seemed even better. The P7 are over the ear, and I'm wondering if the hollow-ness is just a byproduct of the over ear type of design. 

Alright, so I'm going to give these things some time to properly burn-in, just to see if they get a bit warmer in sound and perhaps give me less of that hollow-ness that I've been hearing with over ear type headphones. I don't know that the $400 price tag is worth it, though. They are in my price range, but if I can't get over this hollow sound, I'm going to send them back. It's just so weird, as my Beats don't sound like that at all. I just can't figure it out. 

Any of you ever experience that "hollow" sound I'm referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back