Looking for new reasonable headphones
Dec 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

imboringlycool

New Head-Fier
Hello, I've known about these forums for a while but I'm pretty new here.

So let me start by saying I am a college student, so suffices to say that I don't have a ton of disposable income. I am a musician but I am not looking for any kind headphones for recording or mixing. I am looking for an on hear or over the ear pair of headphones that are comfortable for longer periods of time, have reasonable sound isolation, and cater to a wide range of sounds and tones. I'm talking about from jazz and blues to rock to classical to some really avant- garde stuff, so it needs to have good high and and low end. Price wise I am looking for around $100 give or take a little more or a little less. (Yeah I know some headphones can go up into the thousands but I'd rather spend that kind of money on equipment).

Any advice would be appreciated, and sorry if I seem a bit robotic... That's just how I type.

Also, Happy Holiday's to everyone!

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 2
Well, I would have recommended the Grado Sr80i, but you said you need isolation. So, I suppose the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or the Shure SRH-440 would be good choices for you. Amp not necessary for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back