Looking For New Headphones Under $250
Jul 14, 2011 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kenellenberg2

New Head-Fier
So I am looking for some new headphones. I was about to get the B&W P5, but just wasn't impressed enough with the sound. I loved the build of them though. I can only go up to $250 right now, and would prefer to get easily powered. They would be for out and about mostly, with slight use at a computer. I would prefer closed if possible.

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 10
FA-003, D2000, SR325i, QC15 and Phiaton PS500.

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 10
Aside from the Bose, I will go check these out in person. I only have access to a pair of Grado SR325is, what should I look out for difference wise between the i and the is? I was also wondering if anyone had experience with German Maestro? Haven't seen them mentioned on here that often, and they are in my price range. I ask because they are on sale at a local shop, but no demos.

Jul 15, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 10
Plus one For the DENON 2000 .  They are really great 

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #5 of 10
What do you mean you have access to the SR325is? You mean like you can buy them locally?! If so just buy 'em! They're very good and they're pretty cool looking!

+1 for Denon D2000, they're the other headphone I'd buy if I wasn't into Grados.

Both of those would be terrible for going out and about, you might want to get into IEM's and my recommendation would be UM2, SM3, or TF10

Jul 15, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #7 of 10
Was able to try out the Grado SR325is, I honestly found the fit was not for me. I didn't like the way they felt on my head or the material surrounding my ears. I must just have a smaller head as the B&W P5 fit much better, but sounded worse. Are there any other Grado's that would fit me a bit better?

Jul 15, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Was able to try out the Grado SR325is, I honestly found the fit was not for me. I didn't like the way they felt on my head or the material surrounding my ears. I must just have a smaller head as the B&W P5 fit much better, but sounded worse. Are there any other Grado's that would fit me a bit better?

Heya,

Have you tried on a pair of Fischer Audio FA-003?

Very best,

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:

Nope! Not under 1000 at least! 

You know if you're going to go portable, you really should consider Sennheiser HD25-II's. You can also customize them with really cool pads too.

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up getting the B&W P5, I know they are lacking a bit, but the price was right. I also picked up a pair of ATH-A900. I feel these are a great start, and look forward to this addictive hobby. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back