Looking for new ~$50 IEMs
Mar 16, 2011 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Kaye

New Head-Fier
My koss spark plugs finally met their final death (after 1.5 years of life and half an year of pure necromancy), and I'm now looking for a good replacement - some other IEMs for outdoor use.
I'm using the sansa clip+ mp3 player, and listening mostly to new age, ambient, jazz and metal, so my new IEMs should be quite fine with these genres (unlike my old ones lolz). Another important moment for me is reliability of the construction, they should last at least one year=)
And I have only about $50 to spend  -__-
Currently I'm thinking about Visang r03/r02. Maybe someone have any other ideas?

Mar 16, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 12
I used to use the Spark Plugs too (still have them somewhere).  Visang R02/03 would be a massive upgrade to the Spark Plugs (though also a big decrease in bass).  But it sounds like you need both good bass and treble, so I think the Xears TD-II/TD-III would be good, though you'd have to get a deal to get them for $50 (as I managed to do).  I've heard good things about the Radiopaq Jazz as well, though I don't know if you'd be able to find them now in the States.  Check ljokerl's 150 iem review thread on this forum and you'll get plenty more ideas too.  Also, perhaps the Soundmagic PL50 might be of interest. 

Mar 16, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 12
Brainwavz m2....good all arounders

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 12
Klipsch Promedia. By far the best choice, and normally sells for much more. You may have read about the s4/s4i, which are well liked on this forum. The Promedia are the same, and only $40 (or less if you're willing to mess with cashback from various sites, etc).

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=2753093

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?afsrc=1&EdpNo=6764486&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=lw9MynSeamY-Go3e4e6sFQDKO8mLmqWhMQ

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 12
Thank for the replies guys!
ljoker's review thread is totally awesome! So much information in one place, it should be sticked or something :)
I accidentally found a guy in my city who wish to sell new Soundmagic PL-50 for about $40, so if over-the-ear wear style (never used such iems) and sound (never listened to BA thingies too) will suit me, I'll buy these ones.

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #8 of 12
Who hasnt had the koss plugs ?
I had them too.
M2s over the PL50s.
More fun and much better bass.

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 12
At least in this case I don't have to wait for about a month for my order, as usually. Yeah, post service here is really special.
And I'll listen to them before buying anyway, so if they will be that bad, I won't buy them of course. :)

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #10 of 12
i would get the brainwavz m2 without even thinking over eterna, turbines, s4 and others

heavy bass,  forward vocal, its a lot of fun to listen to , comes with sony hybrid knock off tips , and a great carrying case

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
i would get the brainwavz m2 without even thinking over eterna, turbines, s4 and others

heavy bass,  forward vocal, its a lot of fun to listen to , comes with sony hybrid knock off tips , and a great carrying case

yeah, m2's all the way. eterna's are out of budget anyway. and s4 is crappy in comarison

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #12 of 12
Hey there everyone - it's me again =)

I've actually bought soundmagic pl-50 - they was quite good, and the build quality is totally awesome! They started to rattle (when playing loud) a while ago, and one piece now plays louder than another, but that's after they swimmed a while with me underwater, so I can't actually blame them for this. The cable is still in good condition, considering that I never was too gentle with this IEMs - often weared them during bicycle riding (crushes included) - that's quite an achievment. I have no idea how to fix BA's, and they look hard to disassemble so I've decided to just buy a new ones.
The question is:
Will Visang r03 be still a good deal for the price, or  there are some new ~$50 earphones, which are better? I need all-arounders, still listen to a different kinds of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back