Looking for MP3 player earphones, around 80 euros, to upgrade Sennheiser CX500s...
Sep 11, 2009 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Pott

100+ Head-Fier
Well what else to say... Hey everyone! I've asked this around but it's been hard to find any answers, I hope this place will get what I need...

I have a Sansa Clip, Cowon D2+ and Sony A729. They are all three VERY nice sounding MP3 players. I have Sennheiser CX500s which are very good but given my players I think I can upgrade from them still, for under 100 euros.

I think I could get a bit more midrange clarity overall. Comfort on the CX500s is very good. I have my earphones on for about 6 hours of the day and I bike/tram to work, so I also need decent isolation (though the 500s are good for this).
I'd also love a less microphonic cable than the 500s.

I have no headphone amp and no desire to aquire one (this is for a fully portable rig)

Here's what I had in mind so far:
Shure E2C
Shure SE110
Denon C551
Sennheiser CX95
UE Super Fi 3, 4, maybe the lower end 5s
Klipsch Image S4

What would fit the bill the best out of what's out there and available in Europe..?

Thanks y'all!

Sep 11, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 7
If you want better clarity, look no further than the Head-Direct RE0. It blows away everything you have listed and can be had for under 100 EUR.

Sep 11, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Can't find them anywhere online in Europe...
frown.gif
Will consider it though if I encounter it, thanks!

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't find them anywhere online in Europe...
frown.gif
Will consider it though if I encounter it, thanks!

Head-Direct.com ships worldwide afaik.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 7
The Denon C551 would be a step down in midrange clarity. The UE super fi. 3 would be a step up, but you'll lose that Sennheiser low-end; nothing else I've owned boom like those.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #6 of 7
Ah fair enough... just been on their site. I don't know if I'd be ready to spend 100 USD on a set I'd have shipped halfway around the world just yet... The reviews do seem good but I'm not sure the sound description is really for me... one to ponder.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Denon C551 would be a step down in midrange clarity. The UE super fi. 3 would be a step up, but you'll lose that Sennheiser low-end; nothing else I've owned boom like those.

Ah fair enough... I read in a few places that the Denon were a step up from the low end Shure so can I strike these down...?
I guess I could also get the super fi. 3 as backup either way
biggrin.gif

Each player sounds a bit different... the Clip sounds probably the most natural, the Sony the cleanest and the Cowon... well it sounds the best on every aspect I think. I would have no problem adding bass with the Cowon or Sony but the Clip may need something a little bassier as its EQ isn't great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back