Looking for more Music. (Strictly female vocals only)
Aug 14, 2009 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 116

Cid

100+ Head-Fier
Generally, I spend more time looking for music to listen to than actually listening to music. I do have a few artists I really enjoy though.

Regina Spektor (Totally outstanding, every song is brilliant. At least on the album I have which is called Far. The lyrics in the songs actually have meaning)

Sahara Hotnights

Sandra

Amy Macdonald

YUI

Sarah brightman

I'm sure there is a few others, but those are the main ones I'm listening to at the moment. Yeah, I'm serious about female vocals only. I can listen to males, but I just enjoy the female voice more. You can look at my Last.fm if you want, but it's so outdated now it's not even funny.

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 116
Michelle Shocked, Ricki Lee Jones, P.J. Harvey, Diana Krall, Jacintha (last two are more jazz)

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 116
What kinda genre do you listen to? If you are into World Music give Loreena McKennitt a try. Her voice has captivated my heart and inspired my soul from the first time I heard her.

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #5 of 116
Do you ask for suggestions (the topic may be tuned that way), or just letting us know that you prefer female artist and lists some of them (the content is tuned that way)?

Anyway, here are some of my favorite female artists:
* Katie Melua
* Christel Alsos
* Kari Bremnes
* Amy Lee (Evanescence)
* Diana Krall

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #15 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Generally, I spend more time looking for music to listen to than actually listening to music. I do have a few artists I really enjoy though.

Regina Spektor (Totally outstanding, every song is brilliant. At least on the album I have which is called Far. The lyrics in the songs actually have meaning)

Sahara Hotnights

Sandra

Amy Macdonald

YUI

Sarah brightman

I'm sure there is a few others, but those are the main ones I'm listening to at the moment. Yeah, I'm serious about female vocals only. I can listen to males, but I just enjoy the female voice more. You can look at my Last.fm if you want, but it's so outdated now it's not even funny.

This ins't my type of music, but my girlfriend likes a lot of female indie artists.

Among them,

Regina Spektor
Feist
A Fine Frenzy
Ingrid Michaelson
Jenny Lewis
Imogen Heap
Kimya Dawson

Actually, you should check out Pandora.com if you're in the us or Last.fm otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back