Looking for Inexpensive Headphones for Traveling
Apr 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Matt193

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I am going to doing some air travel this spring and summer and I am in the market for a set of new headphones or earbuds that I can use while I am on the plane.

I have a cheap Sandisk Sansa MP3 player and in the past I used the ear buds that came with it. Needless to say, they didn't cut it while I was flying. I had to turn the volume WAY up to barely hear the music and ended up ditching the idea of music while on the plane.

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser gaming headsets that looks similar to the PC 151 and they are a good fit and sound fine. I have a rather large head so finding a pair of headphones that don't squeeze my head very tightly is top priority on my list. I prefer a set of on or over the ear cans instead of earbuds, but if earbuds offer better bang for the buck I am all ears.
rolleyes.gif

I would like to keep the cost under $50 because these are not going to be used that often. I listen mostly to rock and appreciate a balanced sound but I am not going for something capable of critical listening. I just want to be able to hear it over the engines.

Thanks!

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 9
Apr 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the reply. I will put those on my list. I read in a few reviews that some people experience fatigue or nausea when listening to noise canceling headphones. Does anyone have any experience with that? Should I be concerned?

How about something like the Sennheiser HD201 or maybe some earbuds?

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I will put those on my list. I read in a few reviews that some people experience fatigue or nausea when listening to noise canceling headphones. Does anyone have any experience with that? Should I be concerned?

How about something like the Sennheiser HD201 or maybe some earbuds?

When I fly I use a Bose QC-2, I've never felt fatigued or ill.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #9 of 9
If you don't mind IEM's, I highly recommend the SoundMagic PL50. That's what I use when I fly in combination with my Sansa Clip+. They fit in ear like an ear plug and passively block out most airplane noise. They are very comfortable and easy to fall asleep with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back