Looking for IEMs with 3-button control under $100
May 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SenorBeef

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for IEMs to use with an ipod touch/iphone. Having at least the ability to pause and play with an inline button is very important, but I can't find a good list of compatible headphones.

I had been using Klipsch S4I which I'm generally happy with (sound could be better but not bad, very comfortable) but they have a habit of breaking.

Searching the forums a bit, the Sony MH1Cs were all the rage a few months ago, but now I can't find them to buy online anywhere except some places that ship from Hong Kong, I'd prefer not to go that route. Is there anywhere you can still buy them in the US?

I'd be willing to go with Klipsch again if that's my best option. They have new models since I bought mine - the S4I II, S4I Rugged, and S4I reference. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the differences?

Also, I don't fully understand how Android works with inline buttons. It seems like there's no consistency - some work with some headsets, some have partial functionality, etc. I'm considering getting a Nexus 4 soon so if I could find something that both worked on iDevices and the nexus 4, that would be ideal.

If I had to, I could settle for one button functionality, mostly I need pause/play because I need to frequently do that without fiddling with the device itself. Microphone would be good but not required.

What are my options?

Thanks.

May 6, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 3

SenorBeef

New Head-Fier
I can maybe stretch to $150 but I'd prefer not to. But I see shure makes a version of the SE215s with those controls. Would that be worth triple the cost of a pair of S4Is at $50?

May 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 3

Ivabign

Headphoneus Supremus
Refurbished Sony XBA-3IP at Best Buy for $75 can't be beat - 3BA headphone with full Apple control... That is if you are in CONUS....

Users who are viewing this thread