Looking for IEM's sub $50, mostly metal, rock.
Oct 17, 2011 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

disturbed86

New Head-Fier
I've been searching like mad (with plenty of help from Head-Fi) for some in-ear phones to use, and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed by the sheer volume of options. 

As the title says, I'm looking for good earbud style phones for rock/metal.  I'm on a bit of a budget so ideally I would like to stay below 50, or even 40 if possible.  Comfort is a must.

As far as sound goes, I like a good clean bass that isn't overpowering.  I need to be able to hear everything else too.  Basically even amounts of everything with maybe a little emphasis on bass?

I thought I had it narrowed down to the Klipsch Image S3 ($28 on Amazon!!!!), but then I stumbled across the Promedia ones with a mic.  They're currently $59.99 on Amazon/TigerDirect.  I get that they're basically S4's with a different name and a sweet paint job (and a mic), and thus are better than the S3's...but are they $30+ better? 

I can live without the mic, and aesthetics aren't that important (but damn they're cool)...so $30 more for the Promedia, or would I be perfectly happy with S3 and $30 more in my pocket?

Open to other suggestions as well, but I would prefer to decide between these two rather than adding even more things to research
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 2
Klipsch S3/S4 are crummy IMO, the harsh highs make me want to pull them out of my ears.

Get Brainwavz M2 ($50 new) or Apple Dual-Driver IEM ($25 used on eBay).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back