Looking for IEMs in the $50-$100
Aug 13, 2010 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

flentge

New Head-Fier
Hi all. I am looking for some IEMs to pair with my I-Pod 120g classic, and possibly a Sansa Clip+. The only phones I have now are Grado SR60i. I love them by the way. I listen to mostly bluesy rock ( Gov't Mule, Allman Bros., Joe Bonamassa) Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, all that type of music. 95% of this music is audience recorded live shows(yes, all legal). They have to be great with guitar and not be muddy in the bass area. What would you suggest I look into?

Thanks

Josh

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hi all. I am looking for some IEMs to pair with my I-Pod 120g classic, and possibly a Sansa Clip+. The only phones I have now are Grado SR60i. I love them by the way. I listen to mostly bluesy rock ( Gov't Mule, Allman Bros., Joe Bonamassa) Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, all that type of music. 95% of this music is audience recorded live shows(yes, all legal). They have to be great with guitar and not be muddy in the bass area. What would you suggest I look into?

Thanks

Josh

Panasonic HJE900, if the new ones are to expensive there a couple of used ones on sale in the FS thread. The Guitars sound awesome because of their awesome bass.

Aug 14, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 4
Etymotic MC5. Very Grado-like sound (but a little smoother), at least with the tri-flange tips. I'm not sure I don't actually prefer the Etys to my SR80, they're that good.

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #4 of 4
allman bros, greatful dead , bluesy rock , my kind of music ,i love them live greatful dead shows , i suggest klipsch custom 3, they are just over your budget in the usa ,but worth every doller

Quote:

Thanks

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back