Looking for IEMs especially good for bass guitar oriented metalhead
post-10671442
Post #1 of 2

robko4242

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Brainwavz R1s until my new dog took an action on them. I liked them very much but now I do not want to buy them again, just because the cable was crappy. As I am new to this problematics, I cant buy IEMs basing on the reviews, I just do not understand them good enough. What I am looking for is a V-shaped sound with huge but also fast bass, clean but somewhat submissive mids and bright, crispy highs. I am especially looking for a great picked bass guitar separation. I guess it means the mid-bass range is most important for me.
I am using rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip and you can hear the music I listen to here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de-xO3pUEd0 . My budget is 100USD but I could go a bit more if it makes a huge difference. I prefer mp4nation as they have no problem with shipping to my country. Oh, and I really hate IEMs with an in-line microphone. Thank you :)

post-10673086
Post #2 of 2

cel4145

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what would be best for you, but also check Penon Audio. They ship out of Hong Kong, and a lot of Head-Fiers have done business with them just like mp4nation.

You also might ask for some recommendations in the Chinese/Asian brand thread since people there know some of the most current IEMs that are available from international sellers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)