Looking For Hobby...
May 23, 2005 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

DJ Mauler

500+ Head-Fier
haha sounds weird but

lately im trying to find something to do
pref. on the computer
i mean ive been using Fruitylopps making beats and such the only problem... i cant listen to my gigs of music so thats a problem. i tried to play Day Of Defeat but i need to hear things

so what do you guys recomend.

thing of messing around bryce or photoshop or something
again let the things flow pretty open to anything

again whatever you guys do or something that would be kinda kewl im down for kk for now its back to re-organizing my cd collection.

May 23, 2005 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 37
Start making your own audio cables if you don't already. Very rewarding and not that hard to do. Check out the DIY forum, there's lots-o-information over there.

May 23, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 37
Don't look now, but I suspect Head-Fi itself may qualify as a computer hobby. I seem to squander an unconscionable amount of time browsing the forums as I listen to music.
frown.gif

BW

May 23, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
Don't look now, but I suspect Head-Fi itself may qualify as a computer hobby. I seem to squander an unconscionable amount of time browsing the forums as I listen to music.
frown.gif

BW

5 hours a day.

May 23, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 37
I hate programming so much...

anyway, try doing something active...you know? A hobby doesn't just have to be indoors, go out and skate a bit, recreationally or aggressive whatever. I dunno, your hobby could be sitting outside reading a book. Anyway, those are two things that are pretty nice.

May 24, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
frown.gif

BW

Agreed, just when I think I can limit myself to an hour or two to go thru the various forums I soon realize that almost half a day could be spent here if I'm not careful.

May 24, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #10 of 37
Start overclocking. It can get just as expensive as this hobby, and you can play with some pretty cool stuff.
Just don't be the first guy to try liquid helium cooling. We don't want a fellow head-fier turning into an ice sculpture.

May 24, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #11 of 37
might i reccomend building your own amps?

its fun, and realtivly safe. the wallet may be at risk though.

ooh, overclocking is cool too. very. you can spend weeeeks and weeks working on some problems, and when you get them solved its quiote an accomplishment.

May 24, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #12 of 37
I'd love to build my own phase change cooler, but don't have the equipment, so I'm just a rank amateur.

Building amps is great fun too. I'm about to build the bottlehead phono stage kit, and if I really like it, their little integrated amp for my computer setup. I also love to modify crap, like my series of emu 0404's, a failed external dac, and soon I'll redo the wiring in my turntable.
Tubes are just sexy, and vinyl will never die.

May 24, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #14 of 37
Get a dog.
tongue.gif

May 24, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
I hate programming so much...

anyway, try doing something active...you know? A hobby doesn't just have to be indoors, go out and skate a bit, recreationally or aggressive whatever. I dunno, your hobby could be sitting outside reading a book. Anyway, those are two things that are pretty nice.

see i was thinking of skating again havent done it in like 3 years but imma start downhilling, so i need a bike but anyways ya im not really down for outside mainly because i hate to sweat. but ya i might just start skating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back