Looking for help with JH-16 pros
Feb 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Z06_Pilot

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I have sent my IEM's back twice to JH during my 30 day free re-fit period.

There is really nothing below 150hz that I am hearing.  The low end is really non-existent.  absolutely no impact whatsover.

I play the same FLAC files via my IE8's, HD800's and LCD-2.2's.  Not doubt the low freqs are all in there on the recordings and sound full and rich on my 3 other sets of phones.....

Has anyone had this type of issue?  I am trying to figure out what to tell the lab folks in order to get the issue resolved with my 3rd attempt.

I told them on the two previous occassions that it appears I am not getting a good seal as that is the secret to getting good low end response with these.  I mean, there are 4 drivers in my ears dedicated to low frequencies.  I would think the bass would be plentiful from everything everyone has said regarding these IEM's...

thanks for any help or advice you can provide.

Jeff.

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 3

KimChee

Headphoneus Supremus
Have you tried messing around with the monitor position, and then find you have bass in a slightly different position?

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 3

Z06_Pilot

100+ Head-Fier
just wanted to mention that I finally took close up pictures of my ears from several angles with the IEM's in place.  Adam at JH immediately pinged me saying the audiologist did a truly rotten job on the molds.

So I decided to head on down to Orlando, FL where JH is located and have them make the molds.  It was during Bike Week at Daytona so the timing was perfect.  Since this was a fitment issue, they remade my JH-16's in two days.  i went back for fitting and OMG, THIS is what I have been reading about....the bass was very present, great extension and plentiful.  I just can't believe tiny armatures are capable of slamming bass like this.  But at no time is it muddy or overpowering.  The Shaka Rock CD from Jet is a great bass test for me, and it truly rocks with these IEM's. 

I was hanging out on the purple couch at JH for quite a while getting totally lost in the music with these IEM's.....they are everything their reputation speaks to and more.

And the folks at JH could not have been more accommodating.  Really great folks to work with......

Users who are viewing this thread