Looking for help: What headphone should i get?
Jul 8, 2011 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

GregButcher

New Head-Fier

Dear Head-Fi community!

I'm planning to get a set of headphones, around $50, my first one i was thinking about was the Skullcandy Agent(though i read a lot of bad things about it afterwards), my second one is the Sennheiser HD228, they are similar in price in my country. Please help me, what do you recommend, wich one should i get? Can you name any other ones that i should take into consideration? I'm listening to a lot of dubstep lately, but i usually listen to rock/metal as well. I'm no audiophile by any means, i just want nice sound quality. It will be mainly my portable phones, so i dont really want a bulky big one and miles of cable.

Thank you in anticipation.

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 12
AKG K518 LE

will suit your needs, and they are great for the music you listen to, and are portable.

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 12
If you are in a place where you can audition them first - it would be wise....when it comes to phones, It is always better to hear them yourself first before spending the DOSH

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #8 of 12
After all, i didn't get the chance to try them out so i ordered them blindly, tho i made the right choice. Still having a huge smile on my face when its on me:D Thx everyone for the recommendation.

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #9 of 12
Good thing you're enjoying them.
I have yet to see someone go from a designer headphones (Skullcandy, Wesc) to K518's and regret it.
Hoping I'll be as happy as you are since I'm coming from Wesc headphones.

My K518DJ's arrived at home today, but I'm at work. I want to try them out NOW!
beyersmile.png

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #11 of 12
dont foget to post impression, and also post something in the AKG K518/81 DJ/LE thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back