Looking for Headset for Specific Needs
Aug 30, 2011 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sindorius

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue trying to find a headset that fits the following specific needs:

1. Noise-isolating/cancelling....headset is needed for someone who works with a lot of loud machinery and wants as much of it blocked out as possible. 
2. A decent microphone that can cancel out ambient noise fairly well (do all "invisible" microphones suck? He's had a few and they simply do not perform well)
3. Bluetooth Wireless. Be able to connect it to iPod/phone easily enough. Battery life is nice but not extremely important.

I've tried finding him a few different headsets but none of them seem to do the trick with "invisible" microphones and without any real noise-cancelling abilities. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 3
Found one.
More.
Sennheiser MM450/550 if you want to spend a lot, lol.

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah the only one I saw that seemed to fit my specifications exactly was the Sennehiser MM 550. $450 isn't a ridiculous amount to spend for such a heavy duty headset though. There was another one by Sennheiser that was a little more that was part of like the PX series, but it was a little overkill. The only problem with that Sennheiser is it has that "invisible" microphone and unless I can verify that it still is a quality microphone with ambient noise cancellation then it's still missing an important part of what I need in a headset. I'm thinking Aviation headsets are a good match for what I'm looking for, but the bluetooth component seems to be a rarity for well-justified reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back