1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Headset for Specific Needs

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by sindorius, Aug 30, 2011.
  1. Sindorius
    Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue trying to find a headset that fits the following specific needs:

1. Noise-isolating/cancelling....headset is needed for someone who works with a lot of loud machinery and wants as much of it blocked out as possible. 
    2. A decent microphone that can cancel out ambient noise fairly well (do all "invisible" microphones suck? He's had a few and they simply do not perform well)
    3. Bluetooth Wireless. Be able to connect it to iPod/phone easily enough. Battery life is nice but not extremely important.

I've tried finding him a few different headsets but none of them seem to do the trick with "invisible" microphones and without any real noise-cancelling abilities. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. Mad Max
    Found one.
    More.
    Sennheiser MM450/550 if you want to spend a lot, lol.

3. Sindorius
    Yeah the only one I saw that seemed to fit my specifications exactly was the Sennehiser MM 550. $450 isn't a ridiculous amount to spend for such a heavy duty headset though. There was another one by Sennheiser that was a little more that was part of like the PX series, but it was a little overkill. The only problem with that Sennheiser is it has that "invisible" microphone and unless I can verify that it still is a quality microphone with ambient noise cancellation then it's still missing an important part of what I need in a headset. I'm thinking Aviation headsets are a good match for what I'm looking for, but the bluetooth component seems to be a rarity for well-justified reasons.