Looking for headset for games (mostly)
Jan 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

WildStyle-R11

500+ Head-Fier
So I just got my Asus Xonar Essence one, Loving it!
I got speakers for now, Will post when I get in the mood for new ones... ^^
So I am looking for a Headset...Yes Headset with mic, Mostly going to use it for gaming and some late time music/movies perhaps

Something of decent quality and good mic as I do talk alot...
I was looking at Razer blackshark for gaming that would be good, but not sure about the quality side of things...
Yes I am slightly on the Bass end, but I listen to all range of music...

What would be the suggestions?

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 58
DON'T get any gaming headsets from razer, logitech, steelseries and the like, if you want to get the most out for your money. The best thing you could do is to get the right headphone, and then mod it to have a mic or use an external mic. 
But if you really want a headset, you could get either the sennheiser pc360 or the beyerdynamic mmx300.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 58
Here ya go: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-1-1-13-yuin-g1a-added

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #5 of 58
Quote:
Heya,

Beyer MMX 300

Or, look into:

Beyer DT770
Beyer Custom One Pro
Beyer DT990 PRO
Ultrasone HFI 2400
AudioTechnica A900X

With an AntLion ModMic.

Very best,

Is the COP good for gaming?

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #8 of 58
Well I must say Beyer MMX 300 looks good, probably sounds aswell...To be fair I wouldn't mind stand alone Mic as long as it can be 1-2M away from me as my space is rather limited and I'd like to keep clear and lean back...

But so far I like Beyer MMX 300 the specs seem fitting to me aswell... :)
Also not all of the razer and logitech is crap, Well okay logitech is crap, but it is cheap crap... xD

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #10 of 58
Quote:
Sennheiser Pc360 >

Going to agree with Poetic on this one.  For a headset, the PC360 is excellent.  Great mic and sound; very similar to an easier to drive HD595.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #12 of 58
Quote:
Hmm... I was looking around and I seem to like DT880 600Ohm version...
I do still like MMX 300, but there just isn't enough information about it...
Have to figure the mic out trough...

I use to own the beyerdynamic mmx 300 with integrated mic. The Sennheiser Pc360 IMO was a little bit better because of it's soundstage/openback and pinpoint accuracy. and it's cheaper, on sale on amazon for $220.00. I use the Sennheiser PC360 along with my Astro 5.8mixamp. and occasionally ill switch it up with my AKG Q701. The AKGQ701, is  the best headphone for gaming i've ever used. But you lose out on the integrated mic. The sennheiser pc360 is more simple and the mic is crystal clear sounding. I hate clip on mic's although the antlion modmic is suppose to be superb.
Definately the PC360 or AKGQ701 for its amazing soundstage and accuracy :D
beerchug.gif

EDIT: You will probably need an external amp for the q701's :3

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #13 of 58
Especially for popular shooters Like Call of duty, Battlefield 3, you will really notice the immersion of the Q701's. Gun fire pinpointing in the most accurate directions. Even the clarity of the Q701's sound crystal clear. Now the Pc360's are no slack either, they bring a smoother approach and it sounds beautiful. I'm playing Black Ops 2 at the moment, with my pc360's with Dolby Digital on and everything sounds so open, clear and accurate. I strongly suggest the Pc360's or Q701's if you want the best. I promise you, you will not look back lol. I went through a bunch of gaming headsets in my past trying to figure out which one sounds the best. I only found 2, PC360's and the Q701's. and if you want a better version of the PC360's jump for the 598's :)

my choice of gaming headphones were from mad lust envy, who helped me in my search for ultimate gaming headphone precision.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #14 of 58
Yes I'm into black ops and BF aswel, True after steamsales since august I got 190GB of games on my PC ^^...I'm not jumping the gun just yet and buying headphones just doing research and only then...
As to AKG Q701 needing an amp yeah, I just got Asus xonar essence one as I mentioned above, so that's not really a problem...
I will look into the ones you mentioned...I am looking for rather neutral sounding with, bass line I can really describe properly...

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #15 of 58
Both 'phones should be somewhat neutral, but with a little less bass than you might like. Btw I don't htink there is a reason to go for a 600 ohm beyer over a 250 ohm beyer, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back