Looking for: Headphones with too much Bass
Oct 29, 2009 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

cloneman

New Head-Fier
Hello,

A bit of a headphone noob - read a few guides here, most seem to focus on overall sound quality and "even" response to the source.

I basically listen to eurodance all the time
L3000.gif
, throw in a few 80s now and then, and every now and then the flavors of the month on FM radio.

I'll be using them with a laptop headphone output mainly, perhaps also a zune or something, maybe eventually an n900.

My current set, Koss TNT-55, is awesomely bassy but I have to get them fixed every 4-5 months; getting annoying. Also, they don't sound very good if the source doesn't deliver bass the way I like it. They don't sound bassy enough on the iphone and on some laptops (usually connexant or Realtek Based). They sound great with Sigmatel Audio, on a Zune, on Sansa, and on my Desktop PC (some wierd onboard sound brand from DFI). I don't find they sound that good when connected to an nokia n95 or E71.

The TNT-55 is _more_ bassy then the portapro.

To give you an idea of my tastes, I can't stand using cheap earbuds at all, or listening to PC speakers without a sub-woofer. I like the Logitech X-540, for example. I generally hate "bass-booster" options in software/equalizers, that just sounds like a lie.

Anyway I'm thinking a move toward full size, higher quality, higher price headphones is in order, with emphasis on them having potential to be crazy bassy (maybe with a control, like on a subwoofer, lol).

I saw this sony set that got my attention:
NCIX.com - Buy Sony MDRXB700 50MM Extra Bass Headphones 3-28000HZ 24OHM 106DB/MW - MDRXB700 In Canada.

but I assume there's better. My budget is (hopefully) less than 200$.

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 34
Beyerdynamic DT-770. Do some searching here and you will come across numerous "bass-monster" references.

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 34
jvc harx900. bass heavy, but the bass is very sweet

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #12 of 34
You can not go much wrong (or good
wink.gif
) with a beyerdynamic DT770...

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #15 of 34
Those Sony Xtra bass headphones sound "okay" and are immensely comfy, the downside to them is after about 5 minutes you will sweat off a few lbs of weight from your head. >.>

For super bass? There is absolutely no question, Shure 440/840. They can get a little hot as well and are very heavy. But whoa that bass can knock your face off.

Senn HD 485
Shure 440
beyerdynamic DT770

there are lots of choices, but I wouldnt get anything outside of the 3 i listed :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back