Looking for headphones with the BEST bass
Feb 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #16 of 26
Ive heard just the same as everyone else about the DT 770s bass, I plan to pick up the Pro 250 Ohm version for myself at some point. After that might get my first pair of open cans with some DT 990s

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #17 of 26
Just got my DT770's in the 80 Ohm variant and I'm pretty happy with them! The bass impact and presence is definitely there when it's called for, but it doesn't ruin the rest of the sound spectrum. Definitely a good choice for an audiophile who wants to try something with boosted bass.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #18 of 26
I own a pair of COPs and feel their bass is powerful and extended.  From an audiophile perspective they aren't probably ideal in terms of the most accurate and neutral bass, but when I listen to them with a wide variety of music, I can tolerate the poor recordings.  Some older rock recordings aren't the greatest.  

I use to be a serious home audiophile back in the day and was on the search for the holly grail of sound.  My sound system was accurate with ideal tonal balance and a wide 3D soundstage.  I listened primarily to CD's that were recorded well because my system would shine.  Lesser recordings sounded awful and were destined for the car.  At that time, music was about the acoustical mechanics and specs so to speak.  Then I got married and started a family so those days are long gone.  Now I have a modest home system that sounds fine.  I just started getting into headphones and can now enjoy the elevated sound quality on a more scaleable budget.  Don't get me wrong, I have plans to enter the audiophile area again, but this time I won't loose sight of the end goal, to enjoy music 
wink_face.gif

I am very interested in the HE-400s since peoples comments suggest they have a nice bass and all those audiophile qualities I might just enjoy!

Just my 2 cents! Sorry for the rant.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #19 of 26
I love my DT-770 80's, plenty of bass for the music I listen to. I listen to all kinds of music from classical, country (lots of it), adult contemporary, classic rock, rock, some metal, and jazz. I am sure that I am missing something in my musical tastes. My favorite band is Chicago and I love the way they sound on the DT-770’s! Love the sound of Peter Cetera’s Fender P-Bass, and the Chicago horn sound!

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #20 of 26
I love my DT-770 80's, plenty of bass for the music I listen to. I listen to all kinds of music from classical, country (lots of it), adult contemporary, classic rock, rock, some metal, and jazz. I am sure that I am missing something in my musical tastes. My favorite band is Chicago and I love the way they sound on the DT-770’s! Love the sound of Peter Cetera’s Fender P-Bass, and the Chicago horn sound!
Which amp do you have?

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #24 of 26
Another basshead thread? we should have a sticky somewhere. 
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #26 of 26
I really don't know if you want basshead or Refined bass phone's , I recently bought the zx700 and amping it with the STX rendered me speechless.
The bass if so perfect and the detailing in the textured bass in electronica is exceptional , these are now discontinued but you can get them in places of course IMO for electronica these are unbeatable cans.
IMO better than the M50's for electronica I still am amazed by seeing very few people know about them.
The people who know have never heard them amped they truly are incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back