Looking for headphones with a dedicated vibrating driver
Oct 19, 2017 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TikantiXD

New Head-Fier
I am looking to buy new headphones for someone who has what is known as Single-Sided Deafness. She currently owns the Skullcandy Crushers, (older) wired edition.

For her, the Crushers have been a miracle. The dedicated vibrating driver gives her the feeling of bass, and she really enjoys that. However, I am wondering if there is something else on the market that can do that and more.

Currently, here are my two contenders, but I'd love any recommendations.

Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Edition
- Everything she loves
- But now wireless
- $150 (-)

JVC HA-SZ2000
- Bass King
- But it is built for the sole purpose of NOT vibrating
- $200 (+)

Taction Kannon (monsterzero's suggestion)
- Expensive (~$500)
- Planar Magnetic vibrating driver
- Excellent sound quality

Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Taction Kannons

Oct 19, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 6
Taction Kannons

Thank you.

From what little I read they offer SZ2000 style bass with the rest of the spectrum modeling the ATH-M50.

The price is a bit hefty, so she would definitely kill me for buying her those, but its nice to know that there are other things out there.

Taction Kannon noted.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Yep,the rumble is adjustable separate from the rest of the sound spectrum.I supported them during their Kickstarter campaign,and although a few very early adoptees have gotten theirs,I have not.

The current turn around time is estimated to be 44 days,so these are only an option if you and your friend arent in a huge rush.

Good luck.

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #5 of 6
If you're in Europe and interested by the Crusher Wireless, i put my like new pair up for sale in the trade section. But i'm not gonna lie, i'm selling them to fund my Kannon purchase :) They're good at what they do , they're fun, and much better than the Skullcrushers, but from the first reviews, the Kannons are destroying them. Depends on your budget i guess, if your friend need bluetooth, and her requirement level. I think the Crusher can perfectly satisfy a non-audiophile ear, but audiophile bassheads are going to want the best, and that's the Kannons right now. Another league, another budget.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 6
If you're in Europe and interested by the Crusher Wireless, i put my like new pair up for sale in the trade section. But i'm not gonna lie, i'm selling them to fund my Kannon purchase :) They're good at what they do , they're fun, and much better than the Skullcrushers, but from the first reviews, the Kannons are destroying them. Depends on your budget i guess, if your friend need bluetooth, and her requirement level. I think the Crusher can perfectly satisfy a non-audiophile ear, but audiophile bassheads are going to want the best, and that's the Kannons right now. Another league, another budget.

Nope, not in Europe.
And there are some new wireless crushers for $120 online here.
Had some car troubles so I probably won't be buying some headphones any time soon. It's still fun to research though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back