Looking for Headphones under 25 ish
May 22, 2005 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spetsnaz Op

New Head-Fier
Yes...I saw a thread about the HD201's. I have a couple of questions for those of you that use headphones frequently:

I am going on a trip to china, and the main reason for this purchase is the long plane ride from LA to Asia (direct). I am a gamer however and I would like to be able to use these phones for that purpose also when I get back. I was thinking of getting full size sennheisers, like the HD437 or HD202 or 201 from the thread I read here...but I worry that perhaps they will be too cumbersome. They will be used with either a Muvo or an old CD player. Should I go for earbuds or fuller size, and what would you recommend for 20-25 shipped? (perhaps there are some foldable full size ones I could look into?)

May 22, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 6
for that price, some earbuds and clip-ons should be sufficient for your needs. look into the sennheiser mx*** earbuds or the koss ksc35/75 clip-ons.

May 22, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 6
Anyone know if the MX500 is indeed superior to the MX450? Thanks for the responce.

Also, out of curiosity, is the HD202 better then the HD201, or vice versa? Thanks.
eggosmile.gif

May 22, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 6
The HD201 is better than the HD202. I have heard both. The 202 sounds muffled in comparison, and has extremely powerful bass. The 201 is more balanced.

If you're prepping for a long plane trip, I would suggest getting the Panasonic RP-HJE50 semi-canalphones for this purpose. They are right in your pricerange, and the isolation they provide will keep you from bothering other passengers and allow you to also hear a little less of your surroundings.

May 22, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the advice...I might have to pick those up
biggrin.gif

How do you think they would compare to the 71 fontopia's from sony (curious as a sibling has a pair)
eggosmile.gif

edit: Are these out yet? No one seems to have any in stock
frown.gif
any other recommendations in case I don't find any?

May 22, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spetsnaz Op
Thanks for the advice...I might have to pick those up
biggrin.gif

How do you think they would compare to the 71 fontopia's from sony (curious as a sibling has a pair)
eggosmile.gif

I did a short review a few weeks back, and found them to be overall better sounding than the 71s. Cleaner bass, and clearer presentation overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back